Qt ─ how to use enum as the QMimeData type/format

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Mon Feb 3 16:01:31 GMT 2014

On Monday, 2014-02-03, 16:43:39, Marek Kochanowicz wrote:
> Dnia poniedziałek, 3 lutego 2014 16:24:08 Kevin Krammer pisze:

> > Do we talk about an application internal drag&drop operation here?
> >
> > In such a case the easiest case might be to store an identifier of some
> > sort and let the drop recipient use that to do an look up for the actual
> > object.

> First of: thanks for the answer. I probably should consider going to the
> KDE- devel but honestly, I forgot about it. ;-)
>
> Yes, those are inner drag & drops, and are not meant to handled outside of
> the application.
>
> The approach you suggested  would work, but I would like to use type in the
> QMimeData and properly accept, just because this would provide user visual
> feedback (cursor change to no-drop) if the drop will not be accepted.

I didn't mean to imply that the only information you can send is the
identifier :)

But even with just the identifier your use case (selective drag/drop handling)
is still possible. You just get the identifier, get the object and check the
object's type.

If for whatever reason you don't want to do the object lookup in e.g.
dragMoveEvent, just use a different MIME type for each object type.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring