Need an example of --font value for kdialog

J. Leslie Turriff jlturriff at mail.com
Wed Dec 3 01:16:43 GMT 2014

	I want to specify a particular font in kdialog.  kdialog --help-all shows
that --font allows this, but does not give an example.
	I tried
		kdialog --font Monospace --textbox <filename>
but I get this message:
		QFont::setRawName(): Invalid XLFD: "Monospace"

	I looked at the QT documentation, but there are many different methods for
doing this, and I don't see any way to determine the right one.
	Can anyone explain what format kdialog expects for the font specification?

Leslie
--
		A Caution to Everybody

	Consider the Auk;
	Becoming extinct because he forgot how to fly, and could only walk.
	Consider man, who may well become extinct
	Because he forgot how to walk and learned how to fly before he thinked.

-- Ogden Nash