Klipper default actions: URLs and Files

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 08:05:47 BST 2013

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Stephen Dowdy <sdowdy at ucar.edu> wrote:
> I use <CTRL><ALT><R> to manually invoke my user actions on
> clipboard content. This works independently of "Enable Clipboard Actions".
> It offers ALL your user actions, not just those that regex match the
> selection buffer, as the context popup does.

Thanks. I've mapped that to something easier to type. The result is
that I can get the timestamp info when I need it, without the annoying
side effect of every highlighted URL causing a popup.

> I still haven't figured out why klipper will hang for 10 seconds on
> selection (esp a URL) and not respond to paste or the klipper systray popup
> sometimes.  This happened in Debian Squeeze (KDE 4.4.5) and Wheezy (4.8.4)
> I don't think i have any funky regex in my actions causing this :-(
> (i wonder if the "Sync clip/sel" option is doing this, and there's some
> lock in play that has an alarm/timeout...)

I cannot reproduce that, even after trying to replicate your setup.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com