cannot cut/copy with dolphin

Mon Oct 28 10:19:32 GMT 2013

On Monday 28 Oct 2013 2:06:53 PM Kishore Jonnalagadda wrote:
> I can't be sure from when this problem occurs but its quite recent. I'm on
> KDE 4.11.2 and i cannot cut or copy files in dolphin with either the
> context menu or the CTRL+C and CTRL+V shortcuts.
>
> I tried installing konqueror and the problem is the same in there.
> The problem does not exist for a new user that i create.
> Copy/Move by drag&drop operations works fine.
>
> When i try to cut a file, the file briefly becomes light shaded (like it
> usually does when a file or folder is cut) but then restores itself to the
> normal icon in about a second. When i click copy on any file i do not get
> the paste option like i would expect it to. I do notice that klipper
> updates the file path each time i try to cut or copy.
>
> Do anybody know what could lead to this?

I finally found the cause of this problem. It was related to kdeconnect!

In the devices kcm of kdeconnect, your own PC is also listed as one of the
available devices and it is possible to pair with it!

It does not make sense but in my case my laptop was paired with itself and
this was the source of the problem. Unpairing solved the problem!
--
Cheers!
Kishore