cannot cut/copy with dolphin

Mon Oct 28 08:36:53 GMT 2013

I can't be sure from when this problem occurs but its quite recent. I'm on KDE
4.11.2 and i cannot cut or copy files in dolphin with either the context menu
or the CTRL+C and CTRL+V shortcuts.

I tried installing konqueror and the problem is the same in there.
The problem does not exist for a new user that i create.
Copy/Move by drag&drop operations works fine.

When i try to cut a file, the file briefly becomes light shaded (like it usually
does when a file or folder is cut) but then restores itself to the normal icon
in about a second. When i click copy on any file i do not get the paste option
like i would expect it to. I do notice that klipper updates the file path each
time i try to cut or copy.

Do anybody know what could lead to this?
--
Cheers!
Kishore