Bizarre window snap at screen borders

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Oct 24 19:33:37 BST 2013

Martin (KDE) posted on Thu, 24 Oct 2013 18:46:16 +0200 as excerpted:

> Am 24.10.2013 10:53, schrieb Roberto Ragusa:
>> On 10/23/2013 09:23 PM, Wes Hardin wrote:
>>> It is an intended behavior.  It was introduced (with many bugs) in
>>> 4.11 and refined gradually over the past two releases.  I understand
>>> the developer's reasoning, but it has no benefit in my (and apparently
>>> others') workflow.  I have had lengthy dicussions with the KDE
>>> developers about at least making it optional.  They have refused.
>>
>> Unbelievable.
>> I do not mind crazy defaults as far as I can revert to what I consider
>> saner, but this one is not even configurable.
>> Inconsistent and ugly.
>>

> Hm, but this is configurable. right click on the frame, select
> additional Action (weitere Actionen in german) and there you can select
> the settings for window management. In this dialogue you can select the
> moving part and on the right side you can set border snap to 0 (no
> border znapping).

Except... I /want/ border snap.  I just want it to snap so the decoration
is shown too.

Setting that to zero does indeed let me position the window to show the
decoration (thanks for pointing that out, I generally understood it but
as a result hadn't actually tried it to see what the interaction was with
the new change in behavior), but then I lose the snap-to-border effect
that's the main thing the option configures, and that I want to keep.  I
(and I guess the other users in-thread) just need it to snap to the
border but still show the decoration when it does so, and that now
appears to be impossible.