Bizarre window snap at screen borders

Frank Steinmetzger frank.steinmetzger at stud.tu-ilmenau.de
Thu Oct 24 12:34:58 BST 2013

Am Donnerstag, 24. Oktober 2013, 09:27:08 schrieb Duncan:

> Roberto Ragusa posted on Thu, 24 Oct 2013 10:53:04 +0200 as excerpted:
> > On 10/23/2013 09:23 PM, Wes Hardin wrote:
> >> It is an intended behavior. It was introduced (with many bugs) in 4.11…
> > Unbelievable.
> > I do not mind crazy defaults as far as I can revert to what I consider
> > saner, but this one is not even configurable.
> > Inconsistent and ugly.
>
> FWIW, I believe it /was/ configurable at one point.  I remember an option
> in kde settings... something about "maximized windows can be resized",
> with a checkbox, IIRC.  And I set that and all was fine... until a kde
> update apparently removed that functionality and dragging the edge of a
> maximized window "broke".  I thought the setting had just got reset and
> spent quite some time turning kde settings upside down and inside out,
> attempting to shake out that configuration option again, but I finally
> decided the option must have been removed.  This thread now confirms it.

See how tastes differ. *I* found this a bad idea and it was among the things I
always disable right after installation, because I wanted the window's [X] to
be in the corner where it belongs so I can quickly reach it by mouse. It's the
same reason for which I can't understand why people use top panels. But that's
the user world -- to each his own, and the dev's can't accommodate everyone.
The fact that they don't include (or, as you say, even remove) the option is
sadly another story.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.

Es gibt bessere zündende Ideen als die Bombe.