window snap ignores window border but open doesn't

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Nov 22 05:20:34 GMT 2013

Wes Hardin posted on Thu, 21 Nov 2013 13:59:51 -0600 as excerpted:

> Don't let this make you think I like or agree with the change; I hate
> it.  I fully support making it optional because some people do like it
> but for my work flow it is non-helpful at best and counterproductive in
> most instances.  I don't even care if it's the default behavior, I just
> wish there was a way to turn it off.

++

I use kde because it's customizable.  This smacks of gnome "there's only
one true way and it's our way" ideology.

As I (believe I) said in the other thread, tho, one way to disable the
effect is to use window rules to hard-position things.  I do that for
some windows, but it doesn't work well for windows like konsole where I
very often work with two side-by-side windows on my primary monitor, and
occasionally work with four windows, two on each of my main monitors (of
three, the third the same resolution but half the size, used for full-
time display of a near-full-monitor superkaramba theme).

(Full screenshot of three full-hd monitors "stacked", 1920x3240, tho it
shows pan with the kde lists open and claws-mail with the LXer feeds
open, plus aurora/firefox in the background behind the semi-transparent
claws-mail window, not konsole.

http://wstaw.org/m/2013/05/11/duncan-fullscreen.png )