window snap ignores window border but open doesn't

Wes Hardin wes.hardin at maximintegrated.com
Thu Nov 21 15:22:54 GMT 2013

On 11/20/2013 08:22 PM, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> Why does window-snapping ignore the window border while window-opening
> doesn't?
>
> I open Konsole (for example) and it aligns along the outer window border
> with the K panel. But, when I move the Konsole window it snaps to the
> inside of the window border. So is snapping broken?

What version of KDE are you using?  The early implementations of the
snap-to-client behavior created a lot of inconsistent window placement.  I think
by 4.11.2 they managed to "fix" all the various window placement operations.

/* Wes Hardin */
UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator, IT Engineering Support
Maxim Integrated | www.maximintegrated.com