Trash plasmoid

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Tue Nov 19 08:43:01 GMT 2013

On Tuesday, 2013-11-19, 16:34:35, Franklin Weng wrote:
> 2013/11/19 Kevin Krammer <krammer at kde.org>
>
> > On Tuesday, 2013-11-19, 14:45:21, Franklin Weng wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >

> > > Right now if I put a trash plasmoid on my desktop plasma, I would not be
> > > able to open it using double-click.  However using right-click and
> > > choose
> > > "Open" can open it.  When I docked the trash plasmoid in my panel, I can
> > > open it with one click.
> > >
> > > My question is that, is it intended to be so that double-click can not
> >
> > open
> >
> > > trash anymore, or is it just a bug of Kubuntu 13.04?  Using fresh
> > > Kubuntu
> > > 13.04 live system had the same problem.
> >
> > Works with single click for me, i.e. opens Dolphin just like clicking on
> > the
> > Trash applet in the panel.
> >
> > Plasma Desktop Shell: 4.10.5
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kevin
>
> I found that if I locked the widgets, I can open it with double-click.
>  Maybe the plasma implemented my double-click as two single click (choose)?
> However I tried to enlarge the interval time of double click to the maximum
> 2ms it still not worked.
>
> I'm using Kubuntu 13.04 with KDE 4.10.5 too.

Ah, you are right. I always lock widgets after having them changed, so I
didn't notice.
Once locked it works with single click for me, double click opens Dolphin
twice. But I have single click activation enabled KDE wide, so that might be
the reason for that.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring