Yet another failed KDE release?

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Tue May 7 17:01:50 BST 2013

On 05/07/2013 11:32 AM, dE wrote:
/snip/

> There is no misconception. KDE is always giving problems. Look at the
> bugzilla crawling with stale bugs.

/snip/

I've been using KDE for at least 3 years, and I find very little in it
to complain about. Only thing I can think of is the unfortunate interaction
of some programs (guvcview, most recently) with the operation of
KSnapshot. Prior to that it was some other program, and prior to _that_,
KSnapshot worked OK, so I don't know what or why they're doing things
that louse it up.

Oh, one other thing: some of the options set up in "Configure Your
Desktop" do not survive reboot. I wish they'd fix that.

The attitude that KDE is always giving problems could result in it being
dropped by some distros in favor of some Ubuntuism, at which
point I would just go back to Windows. I really dislike the way Windows
operates, but i do like the Win (prior to Win8) screen paradigm,
which KDE imitates rather well.

--doug