Yet another failed KDE release?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 00:10:15 GMT 2013

On 23/03/13 19:12, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On 23/03/13 13:08, dE . wrote:
>> There's very less time focused on testing; that should be
>> increased, and there's really no reason to hurry releases, no one
>> complained KDE is empty and featureless, but a lot complain about
>> it's bugs and stability. This should point to something.
>>
>> Sorry:This discussion is getting a bit heavy, I'll take some time
>> to respond.
>
> No distro forces you to use the latest of everything.  Usually any
> version is supported for at least a few months after the release of a
> new one, so you can always stick with that.
>
> You claim to be happy to help test, yet you complain constantly.
> Let's try for some facts.
>
> Have you any idea how many different graphics cards are in use by the
> KDE community - i.e. by all users?  Sound cards?  and that's just the
> obvious ones.  How is any developer going to test every one of those?
>   It's simply not possible.  Early adopters choose to be guinea pigs,
> helping testing.  If you or anyone else doesn't want to be in that
> situation, simply stick with the older version.

The older version is also buggy.  It doesn't matter which one you pick.
  You get bugs in all of them.  Older versions aren't getting fixed.
New versions sometimes fix old bugs, but introduce new ones.  When the
new version becomes old, bugs stop getting fixed in it, so you switch to
the new version again which has new bugs.

The way things are, there's never gonna be a stable KDE version.  Not in
a billion years.