Yet another failed KDE release?

Ingo Malchow imalchow at kde.org
Fri Mar 22 14:05:48 GMT 2013

Am Freitag, 22. März 2013, 14:46:10 schrieb Mirosław Zalewski:
> On 22/03/2013 at 13:28, Ingo Malchow <imalchow at kde.org> wrote:
> > This is an assumption and hopefully no dev ever thinks the same way.
> > Config  files are text files and CAN be edited by anyone. And guess what,
> > they are quite often edited by hand. You need to think in the big picture.
>
> Yes, I have made an assumption that *using* KDE SC without thinking much
> about software internals and hand-crafting config files is supported
> use-case. As I understand, it is not; non-compatibility with previous major
> release is not considered bug.
>
> I stand corrected. It is clear to me now, that I have tried to make KDE SC
> something it was never intended to be.

That is awaiting any proof. Just now i have seen resistance to either reading
what was written or understanding it.

One last time, it IS a bug and should be nailed down and reported. See the
other dozen mails about it.

> I just want to get my (unrelated to
> KDE SC) work done in environment that corresponds with my needs and habits.
> With regret I say that I am not your target user.

Obviously you are quite correct. And i am sorry for any dev that needs to deal
with users who resist any suggestion or hint...

Honestly, you jumped on a thread stating the obvious (it is a bug), skipping
answers and yet replying with FUD("As I understand, it is not; non-
compatibility with previous major release is not considered bug").
Hardly the way to go.

> Sorry I have bothered you.
Ingo Malchow
--
(neverendingo)
KDE Community Working Group, KDE User Working Group