List functionality Was: Yet another failed KDE release?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Mar 20 06:21:20 GMT 2013

Kevin Chadwick posted on Tue, 19 Mar 2013 20:52:48 +0000 as excerpted:

> When I have gotten through, though I'm not sure this list actually works
> 100% of the time. Does it use greylisting or moderation?
>
> I sent a mail helping someone and it didn't get through.
>
> On the subject.
>
> 'First time to use KDE'

No moderation, not sure about greylisting or the like.

But I do see a reply of yours on that thread, here on gmane's list2news
service, which I use for all my lists.  Did you send two?  Is this the
one you thought you were missing (via the gmane list2webarchive, the
newsgroup post provides a convenient header listing the web link)?

http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.general/26639

If that's the one you thought went missing, take a look at your kde lists
subscription.  As I said, I use gmane for my lists, so I have my
subscriptions set to "vacation mode" (turns off actually sending the
mail), but I've seen others mention that there's a setting to not send
your own posts back to you, that has confused quite a number of people
who have then thought their messages weren't getting thru.  Maybe that's
what happened?

In any case, assuming that link above is the message you though was
missing, it did indeed get forwarded to the list, and thus to gmane,
where I read it and could look up the link in ordered to post it.