Kwin shortcuts not working

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 11:30:34 GMT 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alt-F4 (close window) and Alt-F2 are no longer working on a Kubuntu
> 12.10 install. No KDE configuration settings had been changed around
> the time that the shortcuts broke, and I can see that Alt-F4 is still
> configured as the close window shortcut in System Settings.
> Furthermore, some custom shortcuts such as show analogue clock widget
> (calandar) on Alt-Space still do work.
>
> What might be the issue, or how should I start troubleshooting?

I found the problem.

On the computer affected, I use a Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 400
keyboard, which has a "F Lock" function for overriding the Function
keys with Copy / Paste / ten other shortcuts. The "F Lock" function
was activated, so no F-key keycode was sent. Turning off the "F Lock"
function resolved the issue.

I know know what the F in "F Lock" stands for.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com