Not possible to disable holidays anymore?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 20:58:29 BST 2013

On 28/06/13 19:37, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday, 2013-06-28, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>> With KDE 4.10.80 and 4.10.90, I've run into a bug where it's apparently
>> not possible to disable the display of holidays in the panel's digital
>> clock (when you click on it on order to get a calendar.)  This is quite
>> annoying, since now I'm actually getting USA-specific holidays
>> displayed.  I'm not American, and neither do I live in the US.
>
> No idea about the disabling, but I find it weird that it does not display the
> holidays related to your locale settings.
>
> Maybe the related data files are in some locale package and are not installed
> yet?

Yes, they're not installed because I don't want or need them. I do not
want to see Greek anywhere near of the installed applications and
instead prefer the default, built-in English.

It would be logical for the plasmoid to not display holidays if can't
find the language files it needs. In System Settings / Locale, I've set
"Greece" in the "Country" drop-down menu (this sets stuff like currency,
date format, etc, without any problems and no language pack is needed.)
  Why it still chooses to display USA holidays instead is beyond me.
Just don't display anything; that would be the correct behavior if the
language files can't be found.