K menu submenu on a panel

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Jun 20 10:35:03 BST 2013

Duncan posted on Wed, 19 Jun 2013 05:20:15 +0000 as excerpted:

>> I just tried this dragging the "Applications->Graphics" menu to the
>> panel.
>>
>> the folder view became:
>>
>>    Location:  applications://graphics/
>>
>> and it also showed the TOP level
>>
>> If i changed the location manually to:
>>
>>              applications:/Graphics/
>>
>> then it works fine.
>>
>> so, the drag/drop process is downcasing, and also it doesn't understand
>> the "://" (doubleslash), because "applications://Graphics/", which i
>> tried first didn't work either.
>
> Ahh!  THAT could be the problem here too.  I'll have to test it.

On 4.10-branch, it works as you state, which is unsurprising as that's
what you were running as well.  I caught up a bit on sleep and might try
some more 4.10.80 (aka 4.11-beta1) experiments later.  If I do I'll try
to confirm this there too, but I'm guessing it's exactly the same, since
the part I did test on it was, before you suggested the name tweaks.