Kmail2 problem

Martin Skjöldebrand shieldfire at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 06:18:47 BST 2013

On Thursday 11 Jul 2013 16:40:41 Graham Lauder wrote:

> There seems to be a database issue and possibly there might be a fix at db
> level I don't know but it appears that Kmail has been abandoned by the
> devs given the lack of response on bugzilla.

While I just took up Linux desktop again on my HP laptop (because I managed to
nuke my Windows installation) and can't help with the problem as such, it
seems the kde-pim list is active and possibly more useful for KMail2 issues.

And no, KMail isn't being abandoned. And yes from what I've seen elsewhere
it's possible to run KMail2 without Akonadi, but don't take my word for it. It
seems a lot of weird things originate with the backend systems Akonadi and
Nepomuk rather than KMail2 itself.

BTW, what happens if you try CTRL+* on a folder with duplicates?

/Martin S