kmail and kwallet

P .NIKOLIC p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 8 16:56:01 GMT 2013

On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 11:26:10 -0500
Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> On Friday 08 February 2013 11:24:05 P .NIKOLIC did opine:
> Message additions Copyright Friday 08 February 2013 by Gene Heskett
>
> > On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 06:29:06 -0500
> >
> > Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > > On Friday 08 February 2013 06:24:38 phanisvara das did opine:
> > > Message additions Copyright Friday 08 February 2013 by Gene
> > > Heskett

> > > The problem is, there isn't such a beast on this machine.  It is
> > > whatever that after starting kmail, pops up and asks for my user
> > > pw, when I send the first mail after the start.  It doesn't grab
> > > focus so you wind up typing blind until the click once to wake
> > > the rf mouse up so you can see the pointer move, find the
> > > requester and click once on it.  That is kwallet, but a fairly
> > > diligent search fails to find a configurater for it.
> > >
> > > Cheers, Gene
> >
> > Did you tell Kmail to store the passwords as plain text in the
> > config files   always worked for me   .
> >
> > I always turned kwallet  off it was a PITA  i finally gave up on
> > kmail and this akonadia  thing    Claws Mail is every bit as good
> > which is where i am now .
> >

> > Pete .
>
> I have considered claws, but there seems to be no way to import the
> kmail message corpus. Thats a show stopper as it goes back over 10
> years. Thats in the 10Gb range here.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers, Gene

Hi Gene

i seem to remember there is an import utility for Claws mail  but not
sure if it could handle that much mail i have about 1.5Gb  here that
went across ok   , Let me dig thru the archive here see if i can spot
the utility i used ..

Pete .

--
Linux 7-of-9 3.7.5-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jan 28 10:03:32 CET 2013
x86_64 GNU/Linux