syncing nepomuk metadata between hosts?

Kristian Rink kawazu428 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 19:31:25 GMT 2013

Hi;

and first off, thanks a bunch for your comment, greatly appreciated anyhow. :)

Am Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2013, 17:53:24 schrieb Duncan:
> Kristian Rink posted on Thu, 07 Feb 2013 12:39:26 +0100 as excerpted:
> > another question related to nepomuk and semantic information:
> Just letting you know the posts are making it and are being seen.
>
> I won't attempt to actually answer these questions as I have kde built
> USE=-semantic-desktop (gentoo), here, disabling the features to the
> extent possible,

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... So hope folks will be forgiving with me asking this
question: Is actually anyone _really_ consciously using nepomuk and the
semantic desktop? No offense, as I like this technology yet so far failed to
really make meaningful use of it. Browsing the web however, it seems weblogs
and web sites are nothing short of bashing nepomuk and outlining how to
disable the "semantic stuff" in order to gain performance. The same time, KDE
applications seem to just partly make use of what nepomuk can do. Is there any
reason for that?

Cheers,
Kristian