Klipper default actions: URLs and Files

Stephen Dowdy sdowdy at ucar.edu
Fri Aug 30 16:55:41 BST 2013

dE wrote, On 08/29/2013 09:54 PM:
> On 08/26/13 18:00, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 5:28 PM, dE <de.techno at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> In Klipper settings, check 'Ignore selection'.
>> Thank you, however this prevents my user-configured actions from
>> working, even though Enable Clipboard Actions is checked.

dE,

I use <CTRL><ALT><R> to manually invoke my user actions on
clipboard content. This works independently of "Enable Clipboard Actions".
It offers ALL your user actions, not just those that regex match the
selection buffer, as the context popup does.

I have "Text selection only" and "Synchronize contents of the clipboard and the selection",
which disables "Ignore selection" (ghosting that choice)

If i disable "Enable Mime-Based Actions", then i do not get a popup
for when i select, say an HTTP URL, even if "Enable Clipboard Actions"
is selected.  However, if i then select a 6-digit number, then
i get the user-action popup asking if i want to search for a Debian Bug Report.

I still haven't figured out why klipper will hang for 10 seconds on
selection (esp a URL) and not respond to paste or the klipper systray popup
sometimes.  This happened in Debian Squeeze (KDE 4.4.5) and Wheezy (4.8.4)
I don't think i have any funky regex in my actions causing this :-(
(i wonder if the "Sync clip/sel" option is doing this, and there's some
lock in play that has an alarm/timeout...)

--stephen