Autostart removable media setting

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sat Aug 3 10:45:28 BST 2013

Kip Warner posted on Fri, 02 Aug 2013 14:13:32 -0700 as excerpted:

> I think typically when autostart is implemented, it's at a much higher
> level than udev.

You're correct, but my point there was, autostart is rather pointless
without auto-detect (basically udev triggered) and automount (udisks
triggered, and depending on auto-detect and thus udev), and I have those
turned off, so whatever level it's implemented at, it's not going to work
here.

Meanwhile, doing research for a different thread, I discovered that in
kde, it's solid that provides the auto-action front-end.  For kde 4.10
and earlier that was a dep (on gentoo anyway) of something else I had
installed, so I had the settings for it in kcontrol/kde-settings.  With
the 4.11-pre-release I'm now running, that dependency went away, so solid
went away as well, and with it the kcontrol module where these actions
are configured.