Autostart removable media setting

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Thu Aug 1 19:04:54 BST 2013

On Wed, 2013-07-31 at 16:20 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> I'm not clear whether you are wanting to include this in some
> development, or just autostart USB drives as a user.  If it is the
> second, you can enable this by right-clicking on the USB icon in the
> panel (it may be hidden when no device is present, so available via
> the up-arrow) > Device Notifier Settings > Removable Devices > Enable
> automatic mounting of removable media.
>
> Anne

Hey Anne,

Sorry, I don't mean automatic mounting. I mean autostart.[1]

As I mentioned to dE, most major desktop environments support this, such
as Gnome 3, Gnome 2, Unity, Xfce, etc. It doesn't mean what is on the
mounted media is automatically executed. It just means the user will be
prompted if they'd like to run it automatically when mounted.

[1] <http://standards.freedesktop.org/autostart-spec/autostart-spec-latest.html#id2700888>

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred