Autostart removable media setting

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Thu Aug 1 19:02:46 BST 2013

On Wed, 2013-07-31 at 20:12 +0530, dE wrote:
> On 07/30/13 06:42, Kip Warner wrote:
> > Hey list,
> >
> > I looked through KDE 4.10's System Settings configuration areas and I
> > could not seem to locate the location to enable / disable autostart for
> > removable media, as per XDG Autostart[1]. I found settings for other
> > user actions on removable media, but not for autostart. Perhaps it is
> > not implemented under KDE? Any help appreciated.
> >
> > Respectfully,
>
> This feature should be removed if it exists. Everyone know how secure
> Windows is.

Most major desktop environments support this, such as Gnome 3, Gnome 2,
Unity, Xfce, etc. It doesn't mean what is on the mounted media is
automatically executed. It just means the user will be prompted if
they'd like to run it automatically when mounted. There is nothing wrong
with that.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred