New hope for KMail

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sun Apr 21 00:55:17 BST 2013

Jerry posted on Sat, 20 Apr 2013 08:57:37 -0400 as excerpted:

> On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 06:58:38 -0400 Renaud (Ron) Olgiati articulated:
>
>> Which one do you use now ?
>> 'I'm thinking of going over to Claws)
>
> I've been using claws-mail for several years now. Like any other MUA,
> it does have its idiosyncrasies; however, it is a solid program with
> lots of options and plugins available. My only real complaint is that it
> is not fully threaded.

Yet another vote for claws-mail.  Ironically, in late 2001 or early 2002
when I first switched from MS and MSOE, kmail and (then) sylpheed-claws
were the two clients on my short-list.  Back then, kmail won out, in part
because I standardized on kde.  If I had chosen sylpheed-claws back then,
I'd have not had all the heart-ache and hassle of first /downgrading/ to
akonadified kmail, and then upgrading back to claws when I realized how
bad the akonadified kmail was and that it /was/ a downgrade, a bit over a
year and a half ago (for 4.7).