QtCurve customizations do not apply to GTK applications after update to 4.9.1

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 17:42:29 BST 2012

Em domingo, 16 de setembro de 2012, às 05:48:57, Duncan escreveu:
> Marcelo Magno T. Sales posted on Sat, 15 Sep 2012 21:05:13 -0300 as
>
> excerpted:
> > I've just updated KDE to 4.9.1 and now GTK applications do not look like
> > KDE applications anymore.
> > I use QtCurve with a number of customizations and have configured it to
> > be used for GTK applications in System Settings -> Appearance -> GTK
> > Appearance. Before the update, the GTK applications displayed menus,
> > widgets, buttons, etc. just like the ones in KDE applications, with all
> > the customizations I had applied to QtCurve.
> > However, after the update, GTK applications look like they are using
> > Oxygen. I think that is the default appearance of QtCurve and that my
> > customizations are being ignored for GTK applications.
> > Any hint on how to make GTK applications look like KDE applications
> > again (other than removing my QtCurve customizations to make KDE
> > applications use the oxygen-like style, of course :) )
>
> I don't use qtcurve, but I've had the same thing happen occasionally to
> my kde color options, where I've checked the checkbox that applies the
> same colors to "non-kde" apps (tho AFAIK all it applies them to is gtk-
> based apps, and to non-kde qt apps of course, I know it doesn't seem to
> apply them to generic X apps or to tk based apps).

Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem in this case. Indeed, it's a
little more subtle: QtCurve's default appearance is an oxygen-like style.
However, it can be customized in almost any way you can imagine. I prefer to
use a style more acqua-like. GTK applications *are* using QtCurve, but with
its default oxygen-like style instead of my customized acqua-like style.
Therefore, GTK applications look completely alien in my desktop KDE. This also
happens if I set up QtCurve to use any of its provided preset settings. Right
now, the only way I'm able to make GTK and KDE applications look the same with
QtCurve is using its default oxygen-like appearance.
I've filled a bug about this in Ubuntu's launchpad.

Thanks for your help,

Marcelo