KDE for OpenBSD?

Vadim Zhukov persgray at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:29:58 BST 2012

16.10.2012 10:36 пользователь "dudux" <palumboee at gmail.com> написал:

> Which desktop enviorment would you recommend for OpenBSD?

There is strong GNOME team, doing wonderful job. You'll find GNOME 3 in
official packages. XFCE is there as well. Many OpenBSD users use
minimalistic but powerful CWM, which exists in base, with different tiny
helpers from packages. I'm not a GNOME or something else's mentioned fan,
and this is a KDE list, so I could not comment any more.

And in a few days there'll be KDE 4.9.2 packages for i386 and amd64
platforms (only for -CURRENT, of course, but -CURRENT OpenBSD behaves at
least as stable, as "stable" Ubuntu, so don't worry). Availability of
packages will be announced in the group I mentioned in previous letter and
also on ports at OpenBSD.org.