Icon widget lost

Mirko K. mirkok.lists at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 10 21:05:30 BST 2012

On 10.10.2012 15:18, Duncan wrote:
> Mirko K. posted on Wed, 10 Oct 2012 11:32:44 +0200 as excerpted:
>
>> Say, *is* there actually an icon/launcher widget/plasmoid that starts
>> *one* individual program, like .desktop file based icons? Or do I
>> confuse that with the Quicklauncher?
>
> That's an interesting question.  Short answer, I don't know.

Well, the answer is most probably no. I just check on my Slackware
13.1 box with KDE 4.4.3 and an openSUSE 11.2 LiveCD with KDE 4.3.1.

Neither has such a plasmoid, and actually on the Slackware desktop,
there was a single-icon quicklauncher which I had put there (damned,
are my glorious Slacky times really gone ;-) )

So, scratch this. /-)

>> Feeling slightly stupid now. :-D
>
> Eh, my theory is that sometimes asking that so-called "stupid" question
> is often part of finding the answer.  Delay the post hoping to come up
> with the answer yourself, and it doesn't come.  10 minutes after posting,
> tho, you have it!

Yep, I know what you mean. :-D
Still, I tend feel a little embarrassed when asking a question which
turns out to be a time waste or a simple oversight. But it's like a
friend of mine often says:

- Knock, knock!
- Who's there?
- Intelligence.