sync KDE specific image metadata with EXIF, IPTC, ...?

Andrew Chelladurai theunknownandrew at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 05:51:31 GMT 2012

On Tue 20 Nov 2012 9:19:16 PM Kristian Rink wrote:
> Is there any doable way of syncing KDE
> specific image metadata with, say EXIF or IPTC in JPG images (or even just
> writing those information stored inside KDE back to the actual image file
> for  the sake of export / archiving)? Best of course would be a way of
> doing so by using any existing app, kipi plugin or the like,

I think this is possible in digiKam v 2.8.0 (KDE Picture Management App)

in digiKam > Settings > Configure digiKam
In the resulting window there is an Option on the Left Bar 'Metadata'
There is a checkbox in it that says - 'If possible write metadata to RAW file'
this feature is Experimental though

May be you can give this a try
Moreover I have not checked for any other independent way of doing this, may
be there are; I still haven't tried finding them

-- &ru