kmail question

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Wed Nov 14 13:22:22 GMT 2012

On Wednesday 14 November 2012 08:15:17 Harald Baumgartner did opine:

> Hi,
>
> i'm using kmail since years and get my emails in /var/mail/userid

So do I, using mailfilter/fetchmail/procmail to get them there.

And a mailwatcher script that uses inotifywait that tells kmail over the
dbus to go get the mail when it arrives.  I've spent a decade making sure
kmail didn't have to do that stuff, causing lags in the editor of up to 45
seconds and a full sentence in the keyboard buffer.

> Newest kmail doesn't support this, only imap, pop....

What? If thats the case, this kmail user since 1998 is outta here.  Thats
all I have setup under the receiving tab.

> Any solution?
>
> 			Thanks, Harald

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
I like your game but we have to change the rules.