wtf fucked up power devil

Martin Bednar serafean at gmail.com
Tue May 29 09:12:37 BST 2012

Le lundi 28 mai 2012 22:37:53 Sérgio Basto a écrit :
> On Seg, 2012-05-28 at 11:47 +0530, dE . wrote:
> > On second though it's a good thing. It simplifies things.
>
> your top posting doesn't help much
>
> First what is an activity ?  where is documented how activity works ?

Here you go, a quick tour of activities :
http://yuenhoe.com/blog/2011/01/the-rise-of-plasma-activities-and-what-it-can-
do-for-you/
http://hanschen.org/2011/02/04/activities-a-change-in-workflow/

> "The activity service is running with bare functionalities.
> Names and icons of the activities might not be available."
> wtf this means ?
>
> I have 11 tabs , 4 called desktop , 5 called unnamed and 2 called new
> acitivty .

I have no idea what you're calling tabs in this context

> Before turn off profile , we may setting "power save" or not , enable
> and disable display after certain time or not etc .
>
> How do you do a profile for presentations, not disable screeen , even on
> battery ?

Okular in master has code to automagically inhibit suspension, althoug AFAIK
it also worked before. For now, I think the you'll want to be using the
"enable powermanagement" checkbox in the battery applet.