wtf fucked up power devil

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Mon May 28 22:37:53 BST 2012

On Seg, 2012-05-28 at 11:47 +0530, dE . wrote:

> On second though it's a good thing. It simplifies things.

your top posting doesn't help much

> ---------------------------------
> Support software for non profit, buy Android phones.
>
> On May 27, 2012 4:19 PM, "Martin Bednar" <serafean at gmail.com> wrote:
>         Le samedi 26 mai 2012 18:51:23 dE . a écrit :
>         >
>         > I just noticed this recently, and this's a complete turn
>         off! There
>         > should've been profiles!!
>
>         There still are sort of profiles, only that now they're linked
>         activities[1]. Meaning depending on your current activity, you
>         can have
>         different suspend timeout values. As for cpufreq and other
>         configuration, as
>         mentioned previously, laptop-mode-tools does it pretty well, I
>         suggest you
>         configure it there. IMHO this is the "correct" solution :
>         advanced users who
>         know what cpufreq is have one place to configure it, those who
>         don't should
>         probably not touch those settings and use the distro-provided
>         defaults.
>
>         As for the presentation mode, now the app presenting should
>         inhibit it itself
>         (I think okular does). And this is exactly what the "enable
>         powermanagement"
>         checkbox does : disable powermanagement features.[2]
>
>         Martin
>
>         [1]
>         http://drfav.wordpress.com/2011/10/02/forge-sprint-2011-power-management-
>         and-its-future/
>         [2]
>         http://drfav.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/fixing-lid-close-suspension-in-4-8-1/

First what is an activity ?  where is documented how activity works ?

"The activity service is running with bare functionalities.
Names and icons of the activities might not be available."
wtf this means ?

I have 11 tabs , 4 called desktop , 5 called unnamed and 2 called new
acitivty .

Before turn off profile , we may setting "power save" or not , enable
and disable display after certain time or not etc .

How do you do a profile for presentations, not disable screeen , even on
battery ?

Thanks,

--
Sérgio M. B.