How to setup a wacom tablet and/or a touchscreen in a two monitors configuration?

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Sun May 27 00:51:41 BST 2012

Hello,

I don't know if this problem can be solved within KDE or if it must be solved
somewhere in xorg configuration. If anyone can give me directions on what
exactly should I look for, I will be grateful.
I use two monitors with 1920x1080 resolution, one above the other, and the
desktop is extended across them. My desktop, therefore, has a 1920x2160
resolution.
The lower monitor has a touchscreen and the upper monitor has not. However,
right now I'm not able to use the touchscreen properly because X interprets
the touches as if the touchscreen area was over both monitors. For example, if
I touch the middle of the lower monitor (which should be around coordinate
[960,1620]), X thinks I've clicked the middle of the entire desktop (around
coordinate [960,1080], i.e., the mouse cursor goes to the top of the lower
monitor / bottom of the upper monitor). If I touch the top of the lower
monitor, the top of the desktop is clicked insted (i.e., the top of the upper
monitor).
How can I configure KDE or X so they know that the touchscreen covers only the
lower monitor?

Similar problem occurs with a wacom digitizing tablet. I would like the tablet
area would correspond to just one of the monitors, not the entire desktop. How
can I setup this?

Thanks,

Marcelo