KAddressbook Spawning Tags

Martin Bednar serafean at gmail.com
Sat May 19 14:53:31 BST 2012

Le samedi 19 mai 2012 18:39:41 phanisvara das a écrit :
> On Sat, 19 May 2012 17:39:49 +0530, Hans Muecke
>
> <ubuntu-ml01 at filderstadtweather.eu> wrote:
> > Am 19.05.2012 06:14, schrieb Renaud (Ron) Olgiati:
> >> On Saturday 19 May 2012 05:54 my mailbox was graced by a message from
> >> Duncan

> >> What are the best choices for replacing Kmail ?
> >
> > After upgrading to 12.04 (and KDE4.8 with it) and still getting strange
> > effects with all that akonadi driven stuff I switched to Thunderbird,
> > since I also use it with windows. It does what I expect and - for me a
> > big plus - a WORKING calendar plugin for Google.
>
> for me, since i started to use openSUSE 12.2 with KDE 4.8.3, all
> akonadi/nepomuk/strigi related problems have stopped -- at least until
> now. i don't think it depends so much on the distro version, or even the
> minor version of KDE 4.8.x, but that i started with a new $HOME this time.

Indeed, this was a very important step for me too.
Akonadi was slow, showing the mail list was unusable.
Upon updating to 4.8.1 I deleted all akonadi/pim related configuration and
haven't had an issue since. I did take care to manually delete only
akonadi/kontact configuration files, so that the rest of my quite extensive
customization an locally stored data (such as calendars) stayed intact.
All I had to do then was point akonadi to the data folders, and everything
works.

Back to the original question (adressbook spawning tags) : How are your
contacts stored? Which ressource do you use? Have you tried backing up those
contacts, deleting the resource and creating a new one? Is the akonadi nepomuk
feeder active? Which version of KDE does precise come with?

If you're not using nepomuk for other things, you can start from scratch (new
user/delete nepomuk configuration), I guarantee that will get rid of the tags.
You will then have to recreate the akonadi nepomuk feeder though.

Martin