KAddressbook Spawning Tags

P .NIKOLIC p.nikolic1 at btinternet.com
Sat May 19 14:04:51 BST 2012

On Sat, 19 May 2012 09:54:13 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:

> Lex Middelberg posted on Sat, 19 May 2012 09:53:01 +0200 as excerpted:
>
> > Greetings.
> >
> > I am using a stock standard Kubuntu set-up (precise).  My
> > KAddressbook hold about 800 contacts.  The problem is that it is
> > spawning hundreds and hundreds of empty tags and tags in this
> > format:
> >
> > nemopuk:/res/ (some alphanumeric string)
> >
> > To add a tag to a new contact takes 20 seconds for the dialog to
> > open and to delete just one of them takes at least 15 seconds.
> >
> > Now I also find that although I delete a tag assigned to a contact,
> > that contact still shows up in searches using the previously
> > assigned tag althoug nothing shows on the screen.  That is annoying
> > at the very least.
> >
> > I can't work like this.  Is there perhaps a way to delete all the
> > duplicate tags in one go?
>
> FWIW, database-related "malfunctionality" such as this is one reason
> I decided to dump kmail and the rest of kdepim entirely, here.
> Switching my mail archive, address book, and mail filters over to
> claws-mail wasn't easy, but it was worth it, for sure, and the worst
> I get in a crash is a few read messages showing up as unread, again,
> if it hadn't yet saved that status.  YMMV, but claws-mail was a
> better solution for me anyway, and with kde's color scheme exported
> to gtk apps, I've been very happy with the results.  Not as
> integrated with kde, but I'll take actually working over integrated,
> any day.

+1 on that

Moved to claws mail here and unless Kmail and friends get fixed and
working fully i will not be going back , Claws mail just works  and the
spam filtering is working fine as well  as does threading and mailing
lists .

Pete

--
Linux 7-of-9 3.3.6-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun May 13 10:52:32 CEST 2012
x86_64 GNU/Linux