Add a keyboard, loose Sticky Keys

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat May 19 11:38:14 BST 2012

I often switch between two keyboards on my desktop computer: a regular
mechanical keyboard that always stays connected, and a low-force split
keyboard that I disconnect when not in use. Both are attached via USB,
the always-connected one on a non-powered hug along with the mouse,
and the sometimes-connected one directly to the USB port on the
motherboard.

Whenever I connect the secondary keyboard, my Sticky Keys feature
stops working. I have to open System Settings, disable Sticky Keys,
click Apply, reenable Sticky Keys, then click OK. Why might this be
happening, and how might I prevent it? This is on Kubuntu 11.10.
Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il