kde application for users to set printer options?

Nowardev-Team nowardev at gmail.com
Wed May 9 08:05:27 BST 2012

You have an old kde , you should consider to upgrade it , but if you don't
want .... ll you can always use your browser to set your printer .....

just open firefox or your browser and go here

http://localhost:631/printers/

select your printer

then ..... on administration box select : set like server default

you can see here http://simplest-image-hosting.net/png-0-fn2058

btw ..... on kde 4.8.2 i have :

system settings => printer configuration => as you can see here i can't set
the printer like default printer ...to solve that

kdesudo systemsettings

http://simplest-image-hosting.net/png-0-bw2058

again if you can't do that you can set your default printer using this
method :

type lpoptions

you should see something like this

poptions
auth-info-required=none copies=1
device-uri=hp:/usb/Officejet_4500_G510g-m?serial=CN113F81FP05CQ
finisets=none,none marker-change-time=0 number-up=1 printer-commands=none
printer-info='HP Officejet 4500 Ged=true printer-location=pavillion
printer-make-and-model='HP Officejet 4500 g510g-m, hpcups 3.11.7'
pinter-state-reasons=paused printer-type=167948
printer-uri-supported=ipp://localhost:631/printers/Offi

to set your printer like default in my case . using the name you can
extract from this line
device-uri=hp:/usb/Officejet_4500_G510g-m?serial=CN113F81FP05CQ

lpoptions -d “Officejet_4500_G510g-m”

you can use sudo before lpoptions if you can't set it like normal user.