Tell who did you PAY to include Akonadi?

dE . de.techno at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 22:13:53 BST 2012

On 03/31/12 14:28, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday, 2012-03-31, randommail at mac.hush.com wrote:
>> There is Linus Torwalds. And there is me. I was born at the same
>> holiday as him.
>> And I will be talking as he.
>>
>> Who did you PAY to include AKONADI?
> I can't speak for the other users on this list, but I for myself did not pay
> for it since I am using a gratis distribution (Debian).
>
> Who did you pay for it?
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Actually, as you know, Akonadi is a good idea, it should remain
transparent to the user as NetworkManager does.

The problem comes when it encounters it's bugs -- the HUGS number of
bugs that KDE has which makes it's deployment in enterprise environments
imposable.

Honestly, KDE is a headache for admins, bugs here, bugs there, and
there're new bugs with every release and everyone's talking about it.

I think some of it's apps should be suspended form development... like
'kscd' and 'kmail' etc.... they never worked, and I don't think they
ever will. In the mean time serious bugs like the buggy taskbar,
kdesu/sudo integration and puseaudio input configuration is still broken.

My personal opinion is, for the size of the KDE project, it's surely
missing sponsors.