KdePim and Ldap

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Mar 14 09:32:25 GMT 2012

LĂ­vio Cipriano posted on Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:03:47 +0000 as excerpted:

> Can Kontact 4.7.2 work with a LDAP server ?

What has that got to do with the thread that you replied to,
"Hotkey to move windows to predetermined location and geometry?" ?

Please start a new thread when you're asking a new question, instead of
hijacking an old one.

You can't simply hit reply and change the title as it's still a reply in
the old thread.   The references header still refers to the original post
to which you replied (and to posts above it in the thread as well) and it
will thus be threaded under them in a decent client, regardless of
whether you change the subject line, or not.

In ordered to start a new thread, use the new message/post option, not
the reply to whatever you happen to be reading at the time option.

(To answer your question... I don't know...  I don't use kontact and
wouldn't have replied to a kontact thread.  This isn't a contact thread,
tho, despite your change of topic.  It's the hotkey/window-manager
related thread you hijacked, that I was already participating in.)