kmail getting uppity again...

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Mar 8 20:05:30 GMT 2012

On Thursday, March 08, 2012 02:57:28 PM Kevin Krammer did opine:

> On Thursday, 2012-03-08, gene heskett wrote:

> > > Since I have the same version of KMail (on Debian though), I tried
> > > to reproduce.
> > > Indeed, if Local Folders is selected, the option for creating a new
> > > folder in the Folders menu is disabled.
> > > However, the respective option in the context menu (AKA right click
> > > menu) on Local Folders is enabled and successfully created a top
> > > level folder.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > > Kevin
> >
> > Error opening /home/gene/Mail/.inbox.directory/eagle; this folder is
> > missing.
> >
> > That one I had nuked previously, with kmail.
> >
> > Next?
>
> Does the folder exist? Does it have cur/ new/ and tmp/ sub directories?
>
> Anyway, did using the context menu work for you as it did for me?
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Yes, it created it, in the .inbox folder both times I tried as I tried to
create a "../eagle" folder the second time, both times it reported a
failure, but it was there when the failure msg was click to clear it, but
when kmail then did the rescan, it was there in the .inbox/eagle as shown
in the folder list, so I nuked it both times, and now, everytime I hit the
bottom of the list an it restarts at the top, I have about 5 or 6 error
messages, "can't find the eagle folder" I have to clear before it will
actually go show me the next message in the inbox.

This is rapidly turning into a PIMA.  I would switch to claws but the last
time I looked, it did not have an import from kmail function.  And my kmail
corpus goes back to early 2002, nearly 10 years.  That is several gigs
worth of messages I do NOT want to leave behind.

Thanks for any more guidance folks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Youth is such a wonderful thing.  What a crime to waste it on children.
		-- George Bernard Shaw