kmail getting uppity again...

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Thu Mar 8 15:33:38 GMT 2012

On Thursday, 2012-03-08, gene heskett wrote:
> Greetings folks;
>
> kmail 1.13.7 from the pclos repos.
>
> I joined a forum at Cadsoft, for eagle, their pcb design tool.
>
> It copies all forum posts to your subscription address, so I thought it
> would be nice to make an 'eagle' folder, to reside in the sorted list of
> folders I now have about 40 of.  To save these messages in case I might be
> able to contribute, and make use of kmail's expiry rules was the main
> reason, they are 'no reply' messages, containing an html link to that forum
> thread.  AFAIAC, they can be expired in a couple days.
>
> But kmail has now decided any new folders MUST be a subfolder of an
> existing selection again, as when I click on Local Folders, the folder
> creation stuff is grayed out, disabled.  In both the file pulldown and the
> folders pulldown.

Since I have the same version of KMail (on Debian though), I tried to
reproduce.
Indeed, if Local Folders is selected, the option for creating a new folder in
the Folders menu is disabled.
However, the respective option in the context menu (AKA right click menu) on
Local Folders is enabled and successfully created a top level folder.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring