kmail getting uppity again...

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Mar 8 14:34:56 GMT 2012

Greetings folks;

kmail 1.13.7 from the pclos repos.

I joined a forum at Cadsoft, for eagle, their pcb design tool.

It copies all forum posts to your subscription address, so I thought it
would be nice to make an 'eagle' folder, to reside in the sorted list of
folders I now have about 40 of.  To save these messages in case I might be
able to contribute, and make use of kmail's expiry rules was the main
reason, they are 'no reply' messages, containing an html link to that forum
thread.  AFAIAC, they can be expired in a couple days.

But kmail has now decided any new folders MUST be a subfolder of an
existing selection again, as when I click on Local Folders, the folder
creation stuff is grayed out, disabled.  In both the file pulldown and the
folders pulldown.

I even used mc to move the empty folder it created as a subdir of the inbox
folder to where I wanted it, one subdir level up, but kmail can't see it.

This has been an intermittent squawk of mine for a decade or more, and has
occasionally been fixed, why can't it Just Stay Fixed(TM)?

Thanks folks.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
If you are good, you will be assigned all the work.  If you are real
good, you will get out of it.