Why I (almost) stayed with KMail

Jörg Stadermann jstadermann at gmxpro.de
Sat Jun 30 09:43:42 BST 2012

Am Sat, 30 Jun 2012 10:14:18 +0200
schrieb "Martin (KDE)" <kde at fahrendorf.de>:

> > At that point, I decided
> > Thunderbird is not for me. Why is this thing so popular, even in
> > business environments? It's a toy, not more.
>
> Na, thunderbird is more than a toy. The basic functions in TBird are
> limited, but that's what add-ons are for. These automatic filter stuff
> on folders (not as great as kmails) is hidden in an additional add-on
> called "Folder Account".

And that's the problem: IMO automatic filtering is vital for a
decent email-client. What, if the add-on is not maintained anymore, or
the update to a newer version of TB takes too long? Agreed,
add-ons are for expanding functionality, but vital functions
shouldn't be delegated to community-maintained  add-ons.

Just my 2 cents.

Joerg