How to setup dual monitor in kde?

Stephan Diestelhorst stephan.diestelhorst at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 11:07:57 BST 2012

Am Samstag 26 Mai 2012, 20:31:11 schrieb Marcelo Magno T. Sales:
> Em sábado, 26 de maio de 2012, às 19:01:40, dE . escreveu:

> > > It works, but after a reboot KDE forgets what had been configured and
> > > goes back to clone mode again.
> > > Even if you "Save as default" in System Settings, the configuration is
> > > lost after a reboot.
> > > Is there a way to make it stick?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Marcelo
> >
> > This's not reproducible in my case, which version of KDE are you running?

[...]
> I'm running 4.8.2, Ubuntu packages. However, since yesterday, the
> configuration saved as default in System Settings began to stick. Now I can
> logout and login again and the monitors configuration stays as I had left it.
> I didn't do anything different, there were no updates... Don't know why it
> works now (not complaining, not complaining at all! :) )

It seems to be somewhat sticky, but it also depends on what monitors
you have attached to when you login, the thing boots etc.  Just to side
step this (and because I want to drove two external screens and need to
switch off the laptop panel for that to work before hand) I have two
scripts with xrandr in them.

Stephan