How to filter out KDE notifications from certain applications?

Martin Bednar serafean at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 19:00:32 BST 2012

Hi,

> I am experimenting with the byobu screen manager under KDE 4.8.3, but every
> few seconds a KDE notification pops up to say "Activity in session 'Shell'".

>From this I gather that you start the WM from Konsole?

> How do I stop this from happening? (Either by stopping byobu from sending
> the notifications or by filtering in KDE to stop the notifications from
> appearing? The latter solution would be preferable, since that's more
> general and could be useful in other circumstances.)

This can be stopped in Konsole. My guess is that you have enabled  "watch for
activity" (sorry, my KDE is in French, might be different; the default shortcut
is CTRL+SHIFT+A) in the "appearance" menu (again, language), which generates a
notification every time something is printed.

You can completely disable notifications : just right-click on the notification
icon, and configure it (or completely remove it). Filtering by application
isn't possible AFAIK.

Martin