Why I (almost) stayed with KMail

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Jul 1 21:39:21 BST 2012

Am 01.07.2012 18:31, schrieb Peter Lewis:
> I have been watching this discussion and most interesting it is.
>
> When kmail started playing up for me, I am on 4.7.2 OpenSuse package, I took
> the opportunity to set up my own imap server, cyrus, and to use sieve to
> filter my mail into folders on the server.
> This has worked for me and kmail has a good sieve editor. For those filter
> actions and my multiple identities I still use kmail but the removal of the
> rather large array of filters has allowed kmail to run well enough.
>
> Anyone else tried this setup?

Yes, I use the same setup since about 10 years. Cyrus imap server and
postfix for mail dispatch. My postfix handles spam/virus checking as
well. My complete Filtering is done by sieve on the server. As I use
different clients there is no way around server base filtering.

Kmail has a very good sieve editor but sadly the kerberos authentication
is broken in recent kmail2 versions.

Martin