KMail freezes after adding address to addressbook

Renaud (Ron) Olgiati renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org
Sun Jul 1 13:22:30 BST 2012

On Thursday 28 Jun 2012 08:00 my mailbox was graced by a message from John
Woodhouse who wrote:
> Depending on your needs you might do better to switch to another distro
> that offers a long term stable release and has one of the larger user
> bases.

I plan to go another route, which is remain with the distro I am comfortable
with (Mageia), but to migrate from KMail to Claws-Mail, after which I'll drop
KDE and go to LXDE as KMail is the last thing that keeps me running KDE, with
mails dating back to the last century in my mailfiles .

I have used KDE since the days of Mandake 6.1, and sad to say it feels to me
to have become worse and worse in usability, and bloat more and more, over the
years to the point I cannot wait to be rid of it all.

Cheers,

Ron.
--
     Terrorists and totalitarians have always been two sides of one coin;
                 a totalitarian out of office is a terrorist.