file manager is slow

Hans Muecke kde at filderstadtweather.eu
Fri Jan 20 14:03:37 GMT 2012

Am Freitag, 20. Januar 2012, um 00:05:12 schrieb xPol:

> Opening the file manager from firefox or chrome is very slow, tens of
> seconds,
>
>  Opensuse 12.1 / 4.7.2 kde
>
> Any misconfiguration of my kde desktop?
> Any hints?

Using Ubuntu 10.04LTS with KDE4.4.5 myself ... I had this behaviour
occasionally in the past, since I have several BOINC projects running. After
switching to my current machine with a quadcore cpu and 8gig of ram it has
disappeared. So depending on your hardware your susy could be overloading it
(used it before switching to Ubuntu and it needs a lot mor resources)

--
Talk to you later ... Hans (231 to go)

2012/01/20 13:20
EDDS 201320Z 25009KT 9999 -SHRA FEW009 SCT027 BKN040 03/M01 Q1017 NOSIG