Address book

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 6 16:15:09 GMT 2012

On 05/01/12 20:57, Renaud (Ron) Olgiati wrote:
> On Thursday 05 Jan 2012 16:40 my mailbox was graced by a message from Anne
> Wilson who wrote:
>> I wonder why it thinks you have more than one?  I'd check Akonadi
>> resources to see if there is an unwanted entry there.
>
> I have no Idea why, O wise and gracious Lady; but when the window opens for
> choosing the address book, there is only one displayed.
>
> How do I check ?

Alt+F2 -> type in Akonadi and you should get Akonadi Configuration
offered.  Open that and you will see the resources that it thinks are
set up.  Note that this is not the same as having them used within
Kontact - there could be resources there that you don't use at all, or
there could be duplicate ones.  You will have to check the settings for
any there to see whether they should be removed.  Bear in mind that for
Address Books it's important to check the type as well as the location.
 Remember the difference between vcard file (old std.vcf) and vcard
directory (as in ~/.local/share/contacts).

Anne
--
Need KDE help?  Try
http://userbase.kde.org or