knotify4 going crazy & breeding like rabbits

Chuck Burns break19 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 23:56:07 GMT 2012

On 2/20/2012 5:00 PM, gene heskett wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I have so far today, killed around 75 copies of /usr/bin/knotify4 which is
> pegging out all 4 cores of my phenom, and running it up to 70C+.
>
> Killing all copies (which is puzzling because killall can't find them but
> htop can) cleans the system up&  brings back normal operation.
>
> But in half an hour I am back to 4 to 6 copies and a pegged cpu.
>
> This seems to go along with an uptime of 10 days or more, currently at 18
> days.
>
> Is there a permanent fix for this other than switching to (I'd rather just
> have somebody shoot me) gnome or even (quite a bit better IMO) xfce?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers, Gene

I hate to sound like a smartass.. but have you tried logging out of kde,
and back in? Your uptime won't suffer, and KDE will be able to
completely refresh.. There may some sort of leak somewhere..

AFAIK, no one has reported a bug about this.. perhaps if you have time,
you can try to narrow it down to exactly what.

You can also try disabling all notifications.. ymmv